Life Insurance policies pay out if you die within a specified period. This is usually the cheapest way to provide financial protection for your family in the event of your death.


Why do I need life insurance?


Coming to terms with the loss of a loved one is never an easy thing to do and adding financial burden to the grief can make coping increasingly difficult. Receiving a lump sum of money can help to support your family or even a business partner after you die.  Some of the reasons to take out life insurance could include:





Life and/or Critical Illness Insurance

No one ever plans to become sick or die unexpectedly. ‘It won’t happen to me’, is what we think, but the reality is that it could happen at any time.

Mortgage, Life & Critical Illness Insurance Policies will help pay off an outstanding mortgage in the event of death or diagnosis of a critical illness. It gives you peace of mind that your family can continue to live in the family home without any extra worries of paying a mortgage.


Mortgage Payment Protection Insurance (MPPI or ASU)

Mortgage Payment Protection Insurance will pay a sum of money to help with your monthly mortgage payments over a period of time if you become sick, die, have an accident, or unemployed through no fault of your own.


Income Protection

If you become ill and unable to work for long periods of time, Income Protection will help by contributing towards your income until you return to paid work.


Fixed Rate Buildings Insurance

Buildings Insurance cover is based on how much your home would cost to rebuild. Most pay out for damage to your home from fire, floods, winds or subsidence. You must check you have the correct cover to suit your requirements.


Contents Insurance

Contents Insurance covers the loss or damage to the contents of your home. Different Policies offer different levels of cover but generally you will be covered from theft and fire. Any expensive items will need to be valued for insurance purposes as most companies have a limit for certain items. Accidental damage can also be added to most policies.


Mortgage Advice Network acts as a credit broker not a lender.

Mortgage Advice Network is an appointed representative of PRIMIS Mortgage Network.

PRIMIS Mortgage Network is a trading style of Personal Touch Financial Services Ltd

which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

Mortgage Advice Network is not authorised via PRIMIS Mortgage Network to provide conveyancing services,

you will be referred to a suitably authorised and qualified 3rd party.

Life Insurance

General Insurance


General insurance covers events that may or may not happen, such as accident, fire or theft, as opposed to life assurance, which covers an event that will definitely happen sooner or later, such as retirement or death.


The aim of taking out any insurance policy is to compensate you following a loss so that you are, in general, as well off - but no better off - than you were before the loss occurred.


An insurance policy is a legal contract and your rights as the holder of the policy will depend entirely on what is written in the contract and on any endorsements which may be added to it.




Mortgage Repayment – do you wish to arrange for your mortgage to be paid off?

Replacing the main breadwinners salary – ensuring the family does not fall on hard times after your death.

Covering childcare costs – the death of the main childcare provider could lead to the need for childcare expenses.

Education expenses – cover for school/university fees after the death of the main earner.

Whatever the reason it is important to ensure your family can maintain the standard of living to which they were accustomed. It is clear that there are plenty of reasons to look for the most suitable life insurance policy for your personal circumstances. Getting the correct quote is an important part of finding the right policy.


You MUST have insurance whenever the law requires you to have it and you SHOULD have insurance if an event could happen to you that would create a loss that you could not afford; for example, if a tile fell from your house and injured someone who then claimed thousands of £s for their lost earnings or if your house burnt down and you were faced with rebuilding costs.


In some cases, the State provides insurance by, for example, paying incapacity benefit if you are unable to work due to illness. You may also find that your employer provides certain health insurance cover, such as income protection insurance or private medical insurance.

However, it is highly unlikely that any third party will provide for your general insurance requirements. Arranging insurance cover for your home, your car, your pet and your holiday is going to be up to you.

Square Square


121 London Road







Tel. 01438 814073

Fax. 01438 817214


There will be a fee for mortgage advice, this will be dependent on your circumstances. A typical fee is £299.